Excess fat around the hips and thigh is a common problem in women. Men are likely to store fat in the abdominal areas whereas women are likely to store fat in their thigh, pelvic region and their hips. Losing thigh fat is a challenging task. What are the reasons for excess thigh fat? How to reduce thigh fat and what exercises to lose thigh fat. We will be discussing it here.
Where you store fat depends upon your genes, body type, your hormones, gender, diet and workout. The reason for thigh fat is high estrogen level in women leading to more subcutaneous fat storage, meaning more fat storage under the areas like thigh.
The legs, mainly the thigh have a large number of estrogen receptors. Over time there is an increase in the fat-storing form of estrogen known as estradiol. Fat cells around your lower body are difficult to unlock and access. You need to work a lot more to burn these fat cells.
Causes of a high level of estrogen
1.High refined carbohydrates/sugar
Sugar increases aromatase enzyme which converts testosterone into estradiol thereby increasing lower body fat.
2.Poor digestive health
If you have low levels of hydrochloric acid it can lead to high estrogen level.
3. Eating too much preservative or packaged foods also increases estrogen levels.
4. More consumption of alcohol.
Best Exercises to lose thigh fat
The hip bridge is a common and effective exercise to reduce thigh fat. This not only works on your hips and butt but also stomach and back. Hip bridge also helps to improve back posture. Do it for 1 min.
How to do it.
- Lie on your back
- Then Bend your knees and keep feet on the floor
- Raise your hips off the floor. The body should be a straight line from your shoulders to your knees.
- Freeze in this position and then slowly lower your back down.
Lunges are great for strengthening your muscle and improving flexibility. They target your lower body muscle group and remove excess fat. They are easy to do as they don’t need any equipment.
How to do
- Start with your feet slightly apart and then take a big step forward with your right leg.
- In this position, your thigh has to be parallel to the floor
- Lower your body until your right knee is at a 90-degree angle.
- Then return to the starting position
3. Leg lift and hold
This exercise works on your thigh legs and abs. Do it for 30 secs and you can feel the pain.
How to do
- Lie down on the mat facing upwards
- Place your legs close to each other
- Lift your legs about a hand length over the ground
- Hold this position of your legs for a couple of seconds
- Lower them back down
Every workout contains squats, after all, it is the most popular and effective exercise. Squats train a lot of muscle groups like quads, hamstring and glutes. It helps to build muscle, lose weight and get toned.
- Stand with your feet slightly apart
- Bend in a sitting position until your thighs will be parallel to the floor
- Stay in this position for some time
- Go back up
5. Jumping Jacks
Jumping jacks is a full-body exercise, also the best workout to lose your thigh fat. It also helps to strengthen your legs, arms and core. If you do 100 jumping jacks you can burn a ton of calories.
6. Side leg lifts
This workout targets your thigh, obliques, glutes and abdominal muscle. It involves inner thigh muscle and leads to the appearance of a thigh gap.
How to do
- Lie down on your side
- Make your knees, ankles, thighs, hips and shoulder are aligned
- Lean your upper body on elbow
- Raise your leg up to a height as you can
- Movement should be slow and controlled.
Repeat this exercise 30 times each side.
7. Scissor kicks
Scissor kicks are the best exercises to lose thigh fat. It does not only tone and shape your thigh but also helps for your abs.
How to do
- Lie down on your back with your palms flat on the floor and legs stretched out
- Raise your leg off the floor alternately like paper cutting scissors
8. Climbing stairs
What do you prefer using an escalator or stairs? If your goal is a slim toned thigh you need to choose stairs. You can walk or run upstairs which can also be a perfect warm-up before your workout.
During cycling most of the leg muscle work. You can burn around 400 calories per hour by cycling. It helps to strengthen leg muscle and effective exercise to lose thigh fat.
These are the effective home exercises on how to lose thigh fat fast without any equipment. But only exercise is not enough to lose overall body fat, you need to take care of your diet and lifestyle.